Xiaomi Redmi announced today that the Redmi K60 Extreme Edition will support 5 years of OTA updates and 4 major Android version upgrades. This means that the phone will receive security patches and software updates for at least 5 years, and it will be eligible for up to 4 major Android version upgrades.
The Redmi K60 Extreme Edition is a high-end smartphone that was released last week. It is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ processor and features a 6.67-inch OLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate. The phone also has a 50MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 2MP macro camera.
Here are some of the key features of the Redmi K60 Extreme Edition:
- Display: 6.67-inch OLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 2600 nits peak brightness
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ processor with Immortalis-G715 MC11
- RAM and ROM: 12GB/16GB/24GB and 256GB/512GB/1TB
- Camera: 50MP (IMX800) + 8MP ultrawide + 2MP macro and 20MP punch hole selfie
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 120W fast charging
- Operating system: Android 13, MIUI 14
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.4, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, NFC, GPS
- Weight: 204 grams
The 5 years of OTA updates and 4 major Android version upgrades are a significant commitment from Xiaomi. It shows that the company is committed to providing long-term support for its products, and we can not be any less happier.
The Redmi K60 Extreme Edition is available for purchase now, starting at $358.