HMD Global, though the twitter handle of Juho Sarvikas have just announced Android 10 update for the Nokia 5.1 Plus of September 2019. The update brings gesture based navigation, better privacy controls and the popular smart reply, and as it is the pattern with Nokia, the update will be spitted in batches. Of the 34 approve regions, 10% will receive the Update today. 50% by May 22nd and on May 24th 100% of these approved markets will have received Android 10.
Android 10 roll out has started for Nokia 5.1 Plus! Head over to our community to get the full details and check for availability in different countries
👉https://t.co/CjlW0se4nm #Android10 @Nokiamobile pic.twitter.com/1yF5vvKv2S
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) May 19, 2020
Some of the key new features of Android 10 on the Nokia 5.1 Plus includes:
- Smart Reply: receive even smarter responses in messages, not just wording but actions you can take
- Focus mode: block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on what’s important
- Gesture Navigation: control of your Nokia smartphone just got slicker, with faster and more intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers
- Privacy Controls: have even more control of your personal data all in one place, and control when your location is shared with your apps – be that always, just while in use, or never
- Family Link: now part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, helping parents set digital ground rules for the whole family
Nokia 5.1 Plus is a 5.86-inches smartphone launched back in 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo. The phone was first upgraded to Android Pie last year, and now getting it second major Android update. The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P60 processor along with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. It has a 13-megapixel primary sensor and a secondary 5-megapixel sensor. For the front, there is an 8-megapixel lens upfront and the phone come powere by a 3000mAh juice out of the box.