In the mobile industry, the word “Pro” is turning out to mean different things to different manufacturers. To the likes of Samsung, Apple, Vivo, Tecno and even iTel e.t.c, Pro can easily be seen as something more better, or Professional as it is called. But the opposite is the case to the likes of Oukitel and her latest C21 Pro smartphone.
Recall the standard Oukitel C21 smartphone which was announced back in 2020?. The company is just revealed that the Pro model will be premiered in early July, but contrary to what you would expect, this upcoming Pro unit will be a total downgrade of the current C21, starting from display, cameras and even down to the CPU that runs on the inside.
Some of the key features of the older C21 includes 6.39-inch screen with Full-HD+ resolution, MediaTek Helio P60, 48MP main camera, 4/6GB RAM, 64/128 GB and Android 10 out of the box. In comparison, the C21 Pro model will come in same 6.39-inches screen, but with 720 x 1560 pixels resolution. CPU will be a 1.8GH Helio A25 from MediaTek, and only 4GB RAM with 64GB storage will be available.
As for the camera department, three lenses are used on the rear, and these includes a 12-megapixel Sony IMX362, 2-megapixel macro lens and a third QVGA depth sensor. The device has USB-C, run Android 11, and powered by a 4000mAh battery.
Oukitel C21 Pro Key specs
- Dimension / Weight: 161.7 x 75.6 x 9 mm / 192
- Display: 6.39-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1560px HD+ with 19.5:9 ratio
- CPU: 1.8GHz octa-core MT6762D MediaTek Helio A25 with PowerVR GE8320 GPU (600MHz)
- Storage and RAM: 64 GB and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11
- Camera: Triple 12MP + 2MP + 0.3MP AI camera with LED flash
- Front camera: 8MP Selfie with dual LED
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM/ HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type C
- Battery: 4000mAh
Oukitel C21 Pro pricing and availability
The C21 comes in Mint Green, Space Black and Galactic Purple. It is currently listed at $179.99 US Dollars on Aliexpress, but should retails below $100 when it goes on sales in early July.