Xiaomi has officially announced the Redmi K40 via an online event in China. This model only Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 CPU, and available in three storage options, beginning from the base model which has 6GB RAM and 128GB storage with 1,999 yuan price tag.
The K40 comes in a 6.67-inches screen with a dot-notch display. The phone uses same Samsung E4 AMOLED panel on the K40 Pro so you are getting 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, up to 1300 peak brightness, HDR10+ and DCI-P3 with 120Hz refresh rate and 360Hz touch sampling rate.
On the camera department, the K40 is equipped with AI triple camera system at the back that includes a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP wide-angle lens, and a 5MP telephoto macro lens. There is a 20MP selfie camera on the front.
Other specifications of the K40 includes a side fingerprint sensor for security, a 4,520mAh battery, and 33W fast-charging support. The Redmi K40 measures 7.8mm in thickness and comes equipped with stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, High-Res audio, and IP53 for dust and water resistance.
Key Specs of Xiaomi K40
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 @3.2GHz with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6.67 Samsung E4 AMOLED high-brush straight screen
- LPDDR5 | UFS3.1 | WiFi6
- 48 million high-definition camera
- 7.8mm thin and light design
- 4520mAh large battery
- Dolby Atmos | dual stereo speakers
K40 storage, pricing and colors
There are a total of four storage options in the vanilla Redmi K40, and these models are priced as follows:
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM = 1,999 yuan or $309
- 8GB RAM + 128GB RAM = 2,199 yuan or $340
- 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 2,499 yuan or $387
- 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM = 2,699 yuan or $418
The K40 with 12GB RAM and 256GB ROM will be discounted at 2,499 yuan for a limited time. All the variants are available in Illusion, Sunny Snow and Bright Black.