- This update is for owners of the standard Pouvoir 4, and not the Pouvoir 4 Pro. Even though both phone has same 7-inches display, their internals are not same. Helio A22 on the standard Pouvoir 4 and Helio P22 on the Pro version.
- The update is only for ADVANCED USERS AND DEVELOPERS, who can easily roll back to Android 10 should any thing goes wrong.
At this point, if you don’t understand what the two points above means, then stop reading this post already.
Currently, Android 11 is till in pre-release (Beta) stage, and the stable version of the OS is still many miles away. But well-to-do phone makers like Google itself, OnePlus on the OnePlus 8-series, Xiaomi for it Mi 10-series, OPPO on the Find X2 Pro and now, Tecno Mobile with the Pouvoir 4, have join the pre-release bandwagon.
Interesting, and as a thumb up for Tecno, the Pouvoir 4 stands out in the list above, as the first Mediatek powered smartphone to officially taste the new Android 11 from Google. But this comes with a caveat. According to XDA Forum, the following are some limitations worth considering before heading on to the download page below:
» The release might experience problems with apps, stability, battery, or performance on the device.
» Banking and finance apps might not work as expected.
» Some apps might crash or may not function as expected when running on this release. This includes Google’s apps as well as other apps.
» Some permissions managed through Settings may need to be set again after app re-installation or device reboot.
» The release contains some known platform-related issues such as performance and battery, access files in external storage, permissions.
» Some apps or icons may be obscured by the water drop screen.
» The camera may not be as good as expected.
How to update Tecno Pouvoir 4 to Google Android 11 Beta 1
- Follow this link to get Android 11 beta 1:Android 11 Beta 1 download link.
2. Follow this instruction to set-up Android 11 beta 1 on you Pouvoir 4: Setup Guide.
3. Wanna roll back to Android 10? follow this link to download: Android 10 SW package.
4. Follow this guide to roll back to Android 10: Setup Guide.