So Tecno rebranded the Pouvior series to POVA during the close of 2020, and the first device on that lineup was released during the same period. Now the second smartphone in the lineup, the Tecno POVA 2 is here, and just like some rumors and leaks we’ve shared with you in the past, the device rocks a massive 7,000mAh battery and powered by Helio G85 CPU from MediaTek.
Looking at the specifications, the POVA 2 packs some interesting features over it predecessor. Starting from the display, you are now getting a larger 6.9-inches screen, instead of the 6.8-inches on the older model. The left-sided punch hole notch on the older model have also shifted to the top-middle of the phone, and it is a lot more smaller, something similar to what you’d see on the recent Tecno Camon 17P and Pro model.
Then the CPU powering the device is upgraded slightly, from Helio G80 to Helio G85. Although the storage option is still either 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM or 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM, but the OS is now Android 11, and this run underneath Tecno’s HiOS 7.6, same skin on the Spark 7P, but with dedicated gaming hub.
Another notable upgrade on the new POVA 2 is the camera sensors. Same four snappers are used on the rear, but the main driver now is a 48-megapixel shooter, along with three other auxiliary lenses. But the 4-LED flashes, 8-megapixel selfie and a single frontal LED on the older model are retained.
Tecno POVA 2 key specs and features
- Display: 6.9-inches IPS LCD 1080 x 2400 px HD+ with 20.5:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 with Mali-G52 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128 GB and 4/6GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 (HiOS 7.6)
- Camera: Quad 48MP AI camera with Four LED
- Front camera: 8MP Selfie with single LED
- Video recording: 4K/1080p/720@30fps
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 7000mAh with 18W fast charger
- TECNO POVA 2 FULL SPECS HERE
Tecno POVA 2 pricing and availability
The POVA 2 comes in Arctic Silver, Gloss Black and Blue colors. The device is expected to be introduced in some Asian market around 6th of June. We’ll confirm details on availability and pricing on or before the official launch date.