Vivo’s latest affordable smartphone, the Y22s is now official. Like the Y35 4G announced recently, the new Y22s is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 680 CPU, and it available in either 4GB RAM with 64/128GB ROM or 8GB RAM with 128GB ROM.
Vivo is offering the Y22s an entry-level smartphone, as a result, the phone is given almost similar camera specs as the Y35. Although, only two sensors are used on the rear, instead of three. These includes a 50-megapixel primary sensor with F/1.8 aperture, and 2-megapixel secondary camera.
The smartphone itself comes in a 6.55-inches screen, featuring 720 x 1612 pixels. The display panel is IPS LCD, and it has a dewdrop notch on the head housing an 8-megapixels selfie lens.
Keeping the phone alive, is a 5000mAh battery that support 18W fast charger. The same battery capacity is used on the Y35 4G, but that model has a faster 44W charger. The Y22s has a sided fingerprint scanner, and it support dual 4G VoLTE SIMs.
Vivo Y22s key specs and features
- Display: 6.55-inches IPS 720 x 1612px HD+ with 20:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 680 with Adreno 610 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4/8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 Funtouch OS 12
- Camera: Double:
- 50MP Samsung JN1 sensor, with LED and F/1.8 aperture
- 2MP macro with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 8MP sensor, with F/2.0
- Video recording: 1080p/720@30fps
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / 4G LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charger
Vivo Y22s pricing and availability
The Vivo Y22s comes in Black Green and Yellow Green colors. It is already available in Vietnam, and can be purchase either directly from Vivo online store, or via other retails partners. As at writing, the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage option is sold for 5,990,000 Vietnamese Dong, an equivalent of about $255 USD. Other regional availability should follow shortly.