OPPO A16 smartphone have just been announced in the Vietnamese market. The device is cheap, and only offers entry-level specifications that includes an octa-core Helio G35 CPU from MediaTek clocked at 2.3GHz, a dewdrop notch design that seats above a 6.52-inches IPS screen and a triple rear camera setup that maxed the main lens at just 13-megapixel, accompanied with two 2-megapixel lenses for macro and depth sensing respectively.
Interestingly, the device is given a substantial memory as well as battery. You are getting 4GB RAM, accompanied by a 64GB of built-in storage, which is expandable up to 256GB via an SD-card. As for the juice, it is a 5000mAh unit, and the charging port is a USB C interface that support OTG as well.
For folks that care about selfie, there is a single 8-megapixel snapper within the notch on the front. The device itself is built into a plastic body measuring 163.88 x 75.6 x 8.4 mm body, and capped at 190 grams in weight.
OPPO A16 Key Specifications and features
- Display: 6.52-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G35 with PowerVR Ge8320 (@680MHz) GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64 GB and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Stock Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1
- Camera: Triple-cameras: 13MP f/2.2 main camera; 2MP f/2.4 macro and 2MP f/2.4 depth lens
- Front camera: 8MP f/2.0 Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh
OPPO A16 Availability and Pricing
The OPPO A16 is just announced in Vietnam, and painting options includes Trendy Green, Silver Break, Strong Black. Folks within the country will need to pay 3,690,000 VND, an equivalent of about $161 US Dollars to get a unit of the device. We don’t know OPPO’s plans regarding international availability yet, but owning to how well the A15 traveled, we can easily believe that the A16 will make it to other countries and regions like Africa as well.