iTel have just announced a new smartphone in Nigeria. It is the S17, the direct successor to the iTel S16 smartphone of last year. In comparison to the model of last year, the new affordable device brings the latest Google Android 11 OS, and also pushed the battery capacity from 4000mAh unit to a slightly larger 5000mAh juice.
There are also notable improvement to the design and outward look of the new S17. For example, the rear camera modules looks a little bigger than the predecessor, even though same camera lenses are still used.
Also, the screen on the S17 is now 6.6-inches with 720 x 1612 pixels, which is not too far from the 6.5″ screen used on the last model. Powering the phone is a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU, along with 1GB RAM and 16GB of built-in storage.
iTel S17 key specifications and features
- Display: 6.6-inch (720p) HD+ notch display
- CPU: Quad-Core 1.3GHz
- Storage and RAM: 16GB and 1GB RAM; expandable up to 64GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 (Go Edition)
- Camera: Triple-rear cameras (8MP primary, 2MP depth and 0.3 MP AI sensor) with single LED flash
- Front camera: 8MP selfie with LED flash
- Video recording: 720p@30fps
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: 3G-only; GSM / HSPA
- Other Features: FaceID, Micro USB 2.0; Fingerprint scanner (rear)
- Battery: Built-in 5000mAh battery
- Full Specifications of iTel S17
iTel S17 specs and price in Nigeria
The S17 comes in Multicolor Green, Sky Blue and Deep-Ocean Black colors. The phone will retail in Nigeria around N45,000 and will be available via both online and offline stores starting next week.