In addition to the Realme 8S 5G which was just announced in India, Realme also introduced the Realme 8i, which is the first smartphone to be commercially available running the latest MediaTek Helio G96 GPU, the Chipset rumored to power the upcoming Infinix Zero X.
The device is the direct successor to the Realme 7i of last year, and come in a 6.6-inches FHD+ screen with 6 different refresh rates, beginning from 30Hz, and going all the way to 120Hz.
The Realme 8i is also available in two storage options; a 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM, or 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. There is also Virtual RAM support on the device, but it is only available on the 6GB RAM variant.
The smartphone is among the latest affordable phones to offer 50-megapixel main rear camera; a Samsung JN1 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and a single LED flash, accompanied by 2MP B&W portrait lens and a 2MP 4cm macro snapper.
The device also runs Google Android 11 with realme UI 2.0. It support dual 4G SIM and offer 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Realme 8i key specifications and features
- Dimensions; weight: 164.1×75.5×8.5 mm; 194 grams
- Display: 6.6-inches screen with 1080 x 2400px FHD+, 20:9 ratio and 30Hz – 120Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.05GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G96 with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB (UFS 2.1) and 4/6GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with Realme UI 2.0
- Camera: Triple-Cameras: 50MP f/1.8 main camera; 2MP B/W and a third 2MP F/2.4 4CM macro lens
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.45 aperture
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging.
Realmi 8i pricing and availability
Color options on the Realme 8i includes Space Black and Space Purple. The two storage options are priced as follows;
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM = Rs. 13,999 or $190 US Dollars
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM = Rs. 15,999 or $218 US Dollars
Availability for these model is from 14th of September via Realme.com, Flipkart and other major offline stores near you.