Some of the latest models in the Galaxy A-series started selling in Nigeria even before the company officially announced the series in the early days of these month, but not the A23. Now the company has officially kicked off the sales of the A23 in the country, ticking the pricing from N119,000 for the base model.
The Galaxy A23 is available in two storage options actually; there is the base model with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM, and the higher option, having same 4GB RAM, but with 128-gigs of built-in storage. Both of these models are currently available via both online, and offline streams.
In comparison to last year’s Galaxy A22, the new A23 comes with lots of upgrades over it predecessor. Most notable of these upgrades is the switch from MediaTek CPU to Qualcomm, plus, the display on the new comer is now larger and crispier, rocking 1080P panel, instead of the 720P panel on the older model.
Additionally, it has Corning Gorilla Glass 5, but the actual panel tech is now PLS TFT, instead of the Super AMOLED panel on the older offer. Thankfully, the UI also got updated from One UI 3.1 to One UI 4.1, which is based on Google Android 12 out of the box.
Coming to the optics; the Galaxy A23 is fitted with four camera modules on the rear. Of these four, the main shooter is a 50-megapixel lens, along with 5MP Ultrawide, 2MP macro and a fourth 2MP depth shooter, while a single 8MP selfie is used on the front.
Key specs of Samsung Galaxy A23
- Display: 6.6-inches PLS TFT 1080 x 2412px FHD+ with 20:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 680 with Adreno 610 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Camera: Quad:
- 50MP Samsung JN1 sensor, with LED and F/1.8 aperture
- 5MP Ultrawide F/2.2
- 2MP macro with f/2.4 aperture
- 2MP mepth with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 8MP sensor, with F/2.2
- Video recording: 4K/1080p/@30fps
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / 4G LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 25W fast charging
Samsung Galaxy A23 pricing in Nigeria
The Galaxy A23 comes in Black, White, Peach and Blue colors, and priced as follows;
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM = N119,000
- 4GB RAM + 128GB ROM = N129,000
Both storage options are already on sales in Nigeria. The A53 has also been on sales in Nigeria, ticking from N223,000.