Everyday, we come across innovative technologies in our world, and one industry with the most innovative technologies, is the mobile industry (at least, that’s our field). Over times, OEMs who fails to run along reigning trends in the mobile industry, often dies a natural death (thinking of Nokia right now). To avoid stories that touch, UMiDIGI, a Chinese phone maker has been up and doing, meeting up with trending techs. The company is got yet another waterdrop display smartphone, powered by MediaTek’s own Helio P60, going by the name of UMiDIGI F1.
UMiDIGI F1 Design and Built Aesthetics
UMiDIGI F1 is the company’s latest smartphone (upcoming) to feature a Dewdroping notch display. The naming of the device, seems like UMiDIGI was inspired by the affordable, yet powerful Xiaomi Poco F1 smartphone. As for the UMIDIGI F1, the smartphone sport a waterdrop-shaped notch similar to OPPO phones.
On the back, you get a dual rear cameras with the well-rounded sides and corners. The vertical dual rear camera is placed at the top, to the right angle of the back panel. Luckily, the UMiDIGI F1 still sport a 3.5mm headphone jack.
UMiDIGI F1 CPU and Storage, Display and Camera Details
Well, as you should already know, the name F1 is for Formula One racing cares. To ensure the UMiDIGI F1 match with the demands of it naming, the device will be powered by the latest Mediatek Helio P60 Octa-core CPU. The Mediatek Helio P60 comprises of a Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 and a Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, along with 6GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage.
In addition, the device will mount a 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. As for the camera department, UMiDIGI F1 is got a dual 16 + 8-megapixel sensors at the back, and a single 8-megapixel up-front. The rear sensor features an f/1.7 aperture, PDAF and dual-LED flash.
What’s more interesting though is the presence of Android 9.0 (Pie). Oh yeah, UMiDIGI F1 will be the company’s first smartphone to run on the latest Google Android 9 Pie. Additionally, the device will be powered by a larger 5150mAh built-in battery, a rear Fingerprint sensor, with other connectivity options like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, wireless charging etc fully registered.
Key Specifications and Features of UMiDIGI F1
- Dimensions; Weight: 156.7x74x7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Display: 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Processor Type: Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 6GB RAM and 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Main Camera: 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.85 aperture, secondary 8-megapixel camera
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Network and Connectivity: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Others Features: Fingerprint sensor, FaceID, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 5150mAh battery with fast charge
UUMiDIGI F1 Pricing and Availability
The UMIDIGI F1 smartphone is available in Gold, Red and Black Kelviar colors. The device is available via UMiDIGI online partners, starting from 219 US dollars.